Saturday, November 3, 2012

En Plein Aire

 What: Painting in the Park
Who: CFADA
When: November 3, 2012
Where: Washington park
Price: Free Admissions

       It was fascinating watching an artist place a blank canvas on an easel and then start painting what he sees in front of him onto canvas. I watched him first stare at the object and than start drawing it out on his canvas. I also saw young artist from Charleston County display their art work to be judged. I saw people painting form photographs and painting plain Air. I watched 30 artist paint each had their own unique way of painting. These Artist only had 3 hours to start and finish their paintings before they went up for auction and all the proceeds went to the Charleston County High Schools Art departments. 

     It was a beautiful morning and I was surprised of how much I enjoyed watching these artist paint their paintings. I thought the young artist from Charleston County were very talented. I would say the overall experience was great. I learned a great deal of the process of developing a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment