Thursday, December 6, 2012

Art?


What: Exhibit of Grace

Who: Benjamin Hollingsworth

When: November 17- December 30

Where: The City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs

Price: Free

On December 6, I went to the Office of Cultural Affairs, and that is the first thing I walk into:




Chairs, and a broken table. Well, this is art, I think. I do not really understand it. Is there even anything to understand? I do not know. Moving on. I looked at something else, and this is what I found:









Art? Yes, but contemporary art.
Hollingsworth is a contemporary artist. Does the fact that I don't understand his sculptures and paintings make him a good contemporary artist? 

This exhibit really made me think about what art should look like. But there is no "real" art. 
You can not define art. 

So if you like contemporary art, and to think about what the work you are looking at can possibly mean, then I recommend this to you! 
I personally did not really enjoy it, because I am not fan of this kind of art. However, I still thought it was interesting, and surprising. 













No comments:

Post a Comment